Al Mazur Memorial Heritage Park

Al Mazur Memorial Heritage Park
Junction of #3 and #9 Highways
Box 37
Hudson Bay, SK SOE OYO
Phone: (306) 865-2180
E-mail: [email protected]

Open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. May 15 – September 15.

Entry Fees(except on Heritage Day):

  • Adults: $5.00
  • Seniors: $4.00
  • Students:  $3.00
  • 5 & under: Free
  • Bus & School Tours: $3.00 per person (please book in advance)
Heritage Day

Heritage Day is held on the third Saturday in August every year. August 20th, 2016 will be the 30th annual celebration. Events include a pancake breakfast, parade, pie baking contest, old time country music, food booth, bread baking in clay oven, train and wagon rides, and a costume contest. There will be several demonstrations throughout the day including woodturning, flour milling, shingle making, ploughing, model case steam engine, sawmill, rope making and threshing. There will also be activities for children.

Park History

In 1984 Heritage Park was officially opened. The Park consists of a Village depicting Hudson Bay Junction in 1909. The Park contains a Tea House, Rail Station, Craft Shop, General Store, School, War Memorial Home, 2 Churches, Print Shop, Blacksmith Shop, Homestead and Barn, a unique collection of John Deere tractors and much more. In 1989 the Park was renamed “Al Mazur Memorial Heritage Park” in honor of its founder.

Tea House

In an atmosphere that depicts the dignity and charm given to her “tea time” by the pioneer woman, The Tea House sponsored by the Ladies of the Royal Purple serves tea, coffee, juice and cookies free of charge. The Tea House has a collection of over 1500 matching cups and saucers, believed to be the largest in Canada.

Print Shop

The first paper to be printed in Hudson Bay was a single sheet called “The Junction Kicker.” The Print Shop houses artifacts depicting early letter press printing and hand-set type.

Train Rides

The children\’s train ride begins and ends in front of the C.N. station. This ride circles the 16 acre park and is enjoyed by children and adults alike. Rides are $2.00 each.

Threshing Ways

In front of the homestead house and barn a yearly threshing demonstration takes place, featuring a 1929 McCormick / Deering tractor and a 1920 Red River Special threshing machine.


A log house donated by the Duch family of Erwood houses artifacts of an early pioneer home. Spinning demonstrations take place in the house on Heritage Day in August.

Bread Making

The park features an authentic outdoor clay oven. On Heritage Day 28 loaves of bread are baked every 2 hours.

Logging Heritage

A log building appropriately houses artifacts depicting the history of the lumber industry in the area dating back to the Red Deer Lumber Co. (1901-1902)

Blacksmith Shop

A large part of our heritage was the blacksmith trade which made possible all transport, from shoes on horses to wheels on wagons. A demonstration takes place during Heritage day, the third weekend of August.

Antique John Deere Collection

This collection of Jim & Joan Holland consists of 42 restored tractors plus various other vintage tractors, which all run in the Heritage Day Parade which is held every August. The collection also includes a 1927 Rumley oil pull.