The following Business Incentive Program was adopted at Council’s Regular Meeting held on December 12, 2000:
(Incentives updated as of Dec. 2015)
1. Incentives 2 to 8 will only apply to projects deemed necessary by Council for the economic well being of the Town of Hudson Bay and creating ten jobs or less.
2. Land fill from the Town gravel pit will be available at no cost to new projects.
3. Undeveloped Town-owned Commercial or Industrial land will be available to developers at a cost of $1.00 for new projects and existing businesses increasing the size of their building. Title transfer to occur after development of property. Development to occur within 2 years of application.
4. Business license fees will be rebated as follows to new businesses supporting economic well-being of the community located in Commercial or Industrial areas:
- 100% for 3 years
5. a) Property taxes including the CMRF will be rebated to developers undertaking new construction located in a Commercial or Industrial area for new businesses supporting economic well-being of the community during construction as follows:
- 100% for construction or start up year
- 100% for year one
- 75% for year two
- 50% for year three
- 25% for year four
b) Property taxes including the CMRF will be rebated, to new businesses supporting economic well-being of the community, purchasing and location in an existing business as follows:
- 75% for year one of operation
- 50% for year two of operation
- 25% for year three of operation
6. Where necessary, water and sewer services and other servicing requirements will be installed by the developer at their cost. Water and sewer usage charges will be rebated for the start up year plus 4 years.
7. a) Existing businesses increasing the size of their buildings will qualify for the incentives stated in 5 a) on a pro rata basis related to the size of the new construction.
b) Hotel/Motel improvement projects may qualify based on a minimum improvement construction value of $100,000. The incentive on Hotel/Motel improvement/expansion projects shall be based on applying the following abatement percentages to the proportionate increase in assessment which the improvement project creates or 25% of the Total Assessment, whichever is greater.
- Year one- 100% of increase or 100% of 25% of total assessment.
- Year two- 75% of the increase or 75% of 25% of total assessment.
- Year three- 50% of the increase or 50% of 25% of total assessment.
- Year four- 25% of the increase or 25% of 25% of total assessment.
8. Matching Grant not to exceed $3000.00 for doing significant visual store front improvement. Maximum of 1 Grant per business per 10 years. Town will allow maximum of 5 Grants per year. The Storefront improvement grant will not be considered in conjunction with new construction. Improvements must be relative to the Towns Heritage or Beautification themes. This incentive will not be considered in conjunction with any other tax incentive.
9. Larger projects creating more than 10 jobs will make their own proposal to Town Council.