The 24th Annual Hudson Bay Summer Hockey School will be July 17-21, 2017.
Town of Hudson Bay
Hudson Bay, SK S0E 0Y0
Registration Forms available to print soon.
REGISTRATION DATE: March 8, 2017
Starting in 2017, a child MUST have played at least one full season of hockey before being able to register into hockey school.
The 2017 Registration Process:
Registration begins early 2017
- Full Payment is due with registration: $320.00 per person (THERE WILL BE NO RAFFLE TICKETS TO SELL IN 2017) or immediate family rate of $160/child after 2 registered. Cheques and Money Orders will be accepted. Made payable to Town of Hudson Bay.
- Payment will only be processed once the child is officially enrolled in the school. Payment processing will take place after the 2 week mailing period, notification of enrollment and receipt will be mailed at that time.
Email, Phone or Fax Entries are NOT ALLOWED. We will only accept registration by mail and drop off only.
Registrations can be dropped off at the Town Office March 8, 2017
- Dropping off registrations does not guarantee your spot.
- All registrations that are dropped off will be held for two weeks to allow for mailed entries to arrive.
- Post Marked Dates on Envelopes and Drop off Dates will be used to determine registration order. **It is your responsibility to ensure the post marked date on the envelope is clearly stamped**
- Children will be placed in groups, starting with registrations Mailed and Dropped off the first day of registration. A random draw will be used if needed to ensure the process is fair. For Example: If there are more registrations mailed on or dropped off on the first day of registration, than we can allow in a group, a random draw will be made to fill the group, the draw will be made from ALL registrattions post-marked or Dropped off that day. **This is why we cannot guarantee dropped off registrations will all be accepted, we will only officially register children after mailed registrations have been given a chance to arrive**
- Confirmation of enrollement will be mailed in March. If your child was not able to get into the school, a letter will be mailed explaining the waiting list process.
Mail Registrations , the envelope's Post Mark Date will be used to determine the order children will be registered. It is very important to ensure the post mark date is CLEARLY stamped at the post office. **DO NOT MAIL REGISTRATIONS PRIOR TO Registration starting.
- A 5 day penalty WILL BE applied to registrations sent (post-Marked) or dropped off prior to registration start date.
The Hockey School Committee strives to accomodate the growing poplarity of the school and wishes to make the registration as fair as possible, thanks to everyone that submitted suggestions at the 2014 and 2015 Schools.
Hudson Bay Summer Hockey School Overview
Changes for the 2017 School- The Hudson Bay Hockey School will be adjusting the format slightly in 2017. There will be a Game Day Event on Friday of the hockey school, in which a game is played per group and the day will end earlier than previous years. Details will be included in all mail outs. New this year, there will be no raffle tickets mailed out and you will not be required to sell any. The fee was adjusted to reflect this change. T
Hudson Bay Summer Hockey School is the continual development of local talent through excellent home-grown coaching. The one week Hockey School includes over 2 hours of on ice instruction per day, low student/instructor ratio, power skating drills, forward and defense skills, goalie development and a scrimmage on the final day. The Hockey School is an excellent way to improve and work on your hockey skills and get you geared up for the upcoming season.
This year we are pleased to announce Glen Gulutzan will return again to be our program director. Glen is the current Head Coach of the Calgary Flames, former Assitant Coach of the Vancouver Canucks, and previous Head Coach of the Dallas Stars - National Hockey League and a former Hudson Bay native.
Plans are well under way and will include hockey instruction, circuit training, climbing wall, bubble balls, swimming, soccer and other sports activities, free practice jerseys, individual and group photographs with Glen Gulutzan, a BBQ, and a raffle. Participants will be split into age groups and/or divisions.
Please note that this is a sports school and that the children need to be physically active and relatively in shape. Please bring gym shoes, water bottles, swimsuit, towels, shorts and/or sweats.
Are you interested in being a group leader for the 2017 School? Send your resume to Jeanine, Hockey School Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org